Franklin Electric 4″ encapsulated submersible motors, built in ISO 9001 certified facilities for outstanding performance in 4″ or larger water wells.
The 1-phase 3-wire motor has been designed for highest achievable starting torque and shaft power from 1-phase power supplies. It is therefore ideally suited for applications where starting torque is paramount and 3-phase motors cannot be used. It should ideally be combined to the Franklin Electric 3-wire control boxes for maximum system performance, protection and warranty.
Standard Motor Design Specifications
- Hermetically sealed stator. Anti track, self healing stator resin prevents motor burn out, mechanically supports the winding and provides fast heat dissipation.
- High efficiency electrical design (low operation cost, cool running winding)
- Cable material according to drinking water regulations (VDE / ACS / KTW approved)
- Removable water bloc lead connector
- No-wear, water lubricated radial and thrust bearings for 100 % maintenance free operation.
- Non-contaminating FES 93 filling liquid
- Various agency approvals for use in drinking water
Pollution Recovery Motor Version Specifications:
- Fluorelastomere (Viton®) rubber parts
- Special Polyuretane (PUR) lead assemblies
- 304 graded stainless steel as standard, 316SS as an option
- 3-wire motor range: 0.25 – 3.7 kW
- 4″ NEMA flange
- Rotation: CCW facing shaft end (CW upon request)
- Degree of protection: IP68
- Insulation: Cl.B
- Rated ambient temperature: 30 °C
- Required cooling flow: min. 0.08 m/s
- Max. starts/hr.: 20, equally distributed
- Mounting: vertical to horizontal, shaft upwards
- Voltage tolerance 50 Hz from nominal: -10 % / +6 %
- Voltage tolerance 60 Hz from nominal: ±10 %
- Protection requirements: EN 60947-4-1
- Motor cable VDE / ACS / KTW approved (1.5 m; special lengths available)
- Motors with factory-installed lead in single packing
- Alternative material executions
- Built-in lightning arrestor
- Built-in overload protection