Franklin Electric 4″ encapsulated submersible high thrust motors, built in ISO 9001/14001 certified facilities for outstanding performance in 4″ or larger water wells.
The single phase high thrust 3-wire motor has been designed for highest achievable starting torque and shaft power from 1-phase power supplies in combination with a 6500 N thrust bearing. It is therefore ideally suited for applications where starting torque is paramount and 3-phase motors cannot be used. It should ideally be combined to the Franklin Electric 3-wire control boxes for maximum system performance, protection and warranty.
Standard Motor Design Specifications
- Hermetically sealed stator. Anti track, self healing stator resin prevents motor burn out, mechanically supports the winding and provides fast heat dissipation.
- High efficiency electrical design (low operation cost, cool running winding)
- Removable water bloc lead plug
- Thrust Bearing 6500 N thrust load
- No-wear, water lubricated radial and thrust bearings for 100 % maintenance free operation
- Non-contaminating FES 93 filling liquid
- Various agency approvals for use in drinking water
Brackish Water Motor Version Specifications
- For use in water that has more salinity than fresh water, but not as much as seawater.
- The novel Franklin Electric Brackish Water Motor proposes a cost-effective solution wherever standard 4″ motors are not giving sufficient service life..
- Motor range: 2.2 – 3.7 kW
- Thrust capacity: 6500 N
- 4″ NEMA flange
- Rotation: CCW facing shaft end
- Degree of protection: IP68
- Insulation: Cl.B
- Rated ambient temperature: 30 °C
- Required cooling flow: min. 0.08 m/s
- Max. starts/hr.: 20, equally distributed
- Mounting: vertical to horizontal, shaft upwards
- Voltage tolerance 50 Hz from nominal: -10 % / +6 %
- Voltage tolerance 60 Hz from nominal: ±10 %
- Protection requirements: EN 61947-4-1
- Motor cable VDE, KTW approved ( 1.5 m; special lengths available)
- Motors with factory- installed lead in single packing
- Built in lightning arrestors
- Built in overload protection
- Alternative material executions
- Motor complete in AISI 316SS with SiC seal